Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cards for Soldiers

Today my post does not include a card for you, however, it is about cards. I would like to get a group of people together sometime in the next month or so to make cards to send to the soldiers that are deployed away from their families. I would like to make not only Christmas cards, but birthday cards, anniversary cards, etc. so that our soldiers can send something special and made with love to their families waiting for them to come back. It is my way of showing how much I appreciate all that they do for me and my family and would like all the help I can get. If you don't live close to Holland Michigan and cannot come to this event, please feel free to contact me and I will give you my address for you to send your cards to, so that I may pass them on.
Please note that there are some specifications that they ask for these cards. They want them to be A2 size if possible, if you use dark cardstock they ask that you put a liner in it so that you can see the writing by the soldier, no glitter, you can stamp the back of the card that it's handmade, but they ask that you include "cards for hero's" on the back as well.
Also, if you will be making them and sending them to me, please include a packing slip with your contact information on it for me to pass along so that you get credit for your wonderful cards!!
Thank you in advance for all of your support!! And please let me know if you need any further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment